Company: Salisbury Holdings Ltd.
Business Information: Salisbury Holdings Ltd. is a 9000 acre grain farm. We produce wheat, canola, barley, and oats.
Business Location: SW 20-33-4W2 Sturgis SK Canada S0A 4A0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Plan, cultivate and seed crops
• Fertilize and spray crops
• Harvest crops
• Operate farm machinery
• Operate rock pickers, field harrows, land leveler, etc.
• Maintenance of equipment: greasing equipment, blowing out rads, cabs, cleaning windows as preparation for the workdays
• Clean equipment with high-pressure air and high-pressure water
• Detect disease, health problems, and insects in crops
• Examine products for quality and prepare for market
• Write daily basic progress reports
• Load trucks with products and clean grain bins
• Yard maintenance: may include cutting lawn, snow removal, building or grain bin maintenance, shed maintenance.
• Manual and general farm labour tasks including stone and/or root picking
-Education: Not required
-Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided.
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Large workload, Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching and kneeling, Standing for extended periods of time, Handling heavy loads, Overtime required.
-Personal suitability: Flexibility, Team player, Organized
-Work site environment: Noisy, Outdoors, Dusty
-Work location information: Rural area.
-Weigh Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
-Language: Basic level of English is required
Salary: $21.00 - $23.00 hourly, 30 - 60 hours per week.
Benefits: Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate. Accommodation provided at a discounted rate.
Important Information: The work schedule is 6 days of work per week. Work shifts will be set anywhere from 6 am to 6 pm. Flexibility on schedule is required as some days will start earlier and other finish later depending on the business’ needs and weather. Weekend work, overtime, as well as, work during holidays will be required. *We guarantee at least 30 hours of work per week during the winter*
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: PO Box 550 Sturgis SK S0A 4A0
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application – General Farm Worker**