Company: 2717161 Ontario Limited O/A The Dunes Cookhouse & Bar
Business information: Dunes Cookhouse & Bar is a family restaurant/pub. We serve Canadian food such as burgers, wings, ribs, fish and chips. We also have live entertainment, currently karaoke on Saturday nights. We are currently providing dine-in and take-out services.
Business Address: 11 Southampton Pkwy, Sauble Beach, ON N0H 2G0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full-time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
• Analyze operating costs and other data
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to the cooking staff
• Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
• Create new recipes,
• Instruct cooks in the preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
• Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
• Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
• Requisition food and kitchen supplies
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
• Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
• Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
• Recruit and hire staff
• Train staff in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
• Schedule staff
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
-Experience: A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in commercial food preparation is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, then the Cook’s trade certification is required
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
-Personal suitability: Efficient interpersonal skills, Initiative, Organized, Team player, Client focus, Accurate, Judgement
-Language: English is required
- Ability to supervise: 5-10 people
Salary: $25.00 per hour, 40-44 hours per week.
Benefits: Free parking available, building opportunities, gratuities, uniforms, discount on meals, and tips. Transportation costs covered if worker needs to relocate.
Important Information: Flexibility in schedule is required. The work schedule is Monday to Sunday, with 1-2 days off on a rotational basis. Shifts are from 10:00 am to 06:00 pm and from 04:00 pm to 12:00 pm. Night and weekend hours will be required. Overtime may be required based on the business needs.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 5552 8 Line, Erin, ON N0B 1T0