Location928 Gladstone Ave, Ottawa, ON| Ontario
Company: 1983868 Ontario Inc. /ARTHUR MURRAY DANCE OTTAWA
The Arthur Murray Dance Studios are celebrating their 107th year in business. Our successful organization is responsible for teaching literally millions of people to enjoy the Fun & Excitement of Ballroom Dancing. We are also responsible for training hundreds of thousands of Professional Ballroom Dance Teachers and World Champion Competitive Professional Dancers.
Business Location: 928 Gladstone Ave, Ottawa, ON Canada K1R 6Y4
Work location: opening new location in Ottawa
Type of Employment: Full-time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Teach dance techniques and artistic interpretation
· Teach private and group lessons and dance with students at supervised practices
· Teach demonstration lessons
· Prepare dance students for dance competitions and performances
· Prepare students for participating in competitions, spotlights, showcases, graduation balls, special occasions events
· Creating choreographies for wedding dances
· Plan Latin and Ballroom choreographies
· Teach students ranging from beginner to advanced levels
· Participate in staff meetings or meetings with executives
· Perform professional dances. Participate in staff dance sessions
· Practice and rehearse dance routines
· Train and exercise to maintain the required levels of ability and fitness
· Call students to book lessons and promote studio activities
· Programs/Lessons planning and preparing, working with clients charts
· Goal settings with the students and progress chats
· Working towards passing a next level of professional examinations, upgrading qualification
· Practice and applying teaching and marketing techniques
-Completion of high school is required.
-A university degree or college diploma in dance or Graduation from a private dance school or academy is an asset.
-Experience: At least 2 years of competitive dance background/experience with a strong history of successful dance competitions.
-Demonstrated ability to be a good dance instructor is required
-Minimum 6 months of dancing experience at Franchised Arthur Murray Dance Studio or equivalent is preferred
-Current membership in a dance association is preferred
-Professional recommendation letters are an asset
-Willing to travel, willing to go to dance competitions and trainings on weekends, travel cross-border, and travel overnight.
-Strong attention to customer service, confidence, efficient time management
-Oral communication, working with others, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory, finding information, computer use, continues learning.
Work conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Fast-paced environment, work under the pressure, tight deadlines, physically demanding, attention to details, large workload
Area of specialization:
Ballroom and Latin
Salary: $25.00- to $28.00 hourly, 30 Hours per week. This position will require some extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling; including weekend hours if needed.
Please note this position requires teaching hours and non-teaching hours.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 928 Gladstone Ave, Ottawa, ON Canada K1R 6Y4