Early Childhood Educator
Location2611 St. Johns Street, Port Moody, BC| British Columbia
Happy Kids World Childcare Inc. is looking for a full-time Early Childhood Educator.
Education, skills and experience required:
- Completion of a college program in early childhood education is required.
- BC ECE License is required.
Communication skills in English
$17.10/hr., 40 hrs/week, 4% paid vacation, Extended Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance
2611 St. Johns Street, Port Moody, BC, V3H 2B5
How to apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2611 St. Johns Street, Port Moody, BC, V3H 2B5.
(Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, taking children to local points of interest and providing opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating dressing and toilet habits
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children