Fire sprinkler fitter
Location104-197 Forester Street, North Vancouver, BC, V7H0A6, North Vancouver, BC| British Columbia
Company: Titan Fire Protection Ltd.
Business Location: 104-197 Forester Street, North Vancouver, BC, V7H0A6
Work Location: Employee works at the customer site and multiple locations in theGreater Vancouver Area
Business Information: Titan Fire Protection Ltd is a privately held company in North Vancouver, BC. We install fire sprinklers throughout new buildings in the lower mainland. We have been in operation since 2004 and currently have 35 employees working for our company.
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system
· Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
· Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
· Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
· Select type and size of pipe required
· Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
· Test system for leaks using testing equipment
· Install clamps, brackets and hangers to support piping system and sprinkler and fire protection equipment, using hand and power tools
· Select, measure, cut, ream and thread pipe, install sprinkler heads and mount prepared pipe in supports
· Installs valves, alarms and associated equipment
· Service and repair sprinkler system
· Test system for leaks using air or liquid pressure equipment
· Connect piping systems to water mains, supply tanks, pumps, compressors and control equipment
· Schedule materials, tools and personnel
· Liaise with management, engineers and other trades
· Instruct apprentices
· Supervise other workers
· Estimate costs and materials
· Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
-Experience: 4 - 5 years of experiencein the tradeis required. If the candidate does not have at least 4 - 5 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required.
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Working/standing on ladders
Salary: $30.00 to $32.00 Hourly (depending on experience), 40 Hours per week
Benefits: Life insurance for $25,000.00, accidental death, disease and dismemberment insurance, dependent life insurance, group critical illness insurance, extended medical insurance, travel plan, dental insuranceand other (uniforms).
Important information: The work schedule is from 7AM to 3PM Monday to Friday, two days off: Saturday and Sunday.
Apply by e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by fax: 604-971-1489