GTL Transportation Inc, a large transportation company based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia is now hiring Four (4) Full Time Long Haul Truck Drivers!
LocationPO Box 38171, Dartmouth, NS| Nova Scotia
GTL Transportation Inc is renowned for providing many years of excellent logistics services with a focus on quality and efficiency. GTL is the largest Nova Scotian owned truckload carrier, employing approximately 100 people including drivers, maintenance and administrative personnel.
If you meet the requirements listed below and want to be part of a winning team, please contact us.
This role involves working various and long hours.
Must be able to work without supervision.
Requires travel to other Canadian provinces and cross border (USA)
Must have clean driving abstract
· Operate and drive trucks to transport goods and material to destinations
· Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
· Ensuring safety and security of cargo
· Receive and relay information to central dispatcher
· Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cold storage and create inspection report
· Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book or on on-board computer
· Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular telephone and on-board computer
Education and Experience:
No formal education required.
Driver's Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Language: None/Basic English is acceptable
Wage: $20.02/ hourly OR 0.38.5 cents/ mile at a rate of 52 miles per hour
For 40-60 hours per week
How to apply:
Email to email@example.com
PO Box 38171, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3B 1X2
We welcome all to apply including Veterans, Seniors, Aboriginal Peoples, Women, Persons with Disability and more!