Location100 Owl Street, Banff, AB| Alberta
Explorer Canada Holidays Ltd.
Location: Banff, AB
Salary: $17.00 hourly for 30 hours per week
Vacancies: 4 Vacancies
Employment groups: Youth, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Terms of Employment: Term or contract (7-month contract), Full time
Expected Start Date: April 1, 2019
Benefits: Other benefits (Staff accommodation provided)
Employment conditions: Overtime, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night
- Ability to communicate in English and in Japanese orally and in writing is required.
- No degree, certificate or diploma is required.
- No specific credentials are required.
- No previous experience as a tour guide is required.
- Confirm transportation and accommodation reservations;
- Collect administration or entrance fees;
- Coordinate recreation activities for Japanese tourists;
- Describe points of interest in Japanese;
- Resolve itinerary and other problems by communicating with Japanese tourists in Japanese;
- Attend to hotel, airport, train and other check-in and check-out procedures
Transportation/ Travel Information
You will be required to travel regularly.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- You are expected to effectively deal with work under pressure and repetitive tasks with attention to detail.
- Tour guide is physically demanding, which requires you to standing for extended periods, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling.
Work Location Information
Various locations including rural area and remote location depending on tours you provide
100 Owl Street, Banff, AB T1L 1A6
- Work Site Environment: Outdoors
- Geographical Areas of Specialization: Canada
- Number of Tours Guided: 1 - 4 tours
- Tours Focus: Sightseeing, Walking tours
- Type of Guide: Escorted group travel guide, Escorted individual travel guide, Step-on local guide
How to apply
By email: email@example.com