Located at 2822 E 43rd Ave, Vancouver, BC, V3MA05, Striven
Consulting is currently seeking one (1) IT-Consultant.
Position will be full time permanent position (40 hrs week) with a starting
wage of $38.97 hr. English essential. Ability to interact effectively with the
public and work in a strong team environment would be a definite asset. First
Nations and Newcomers are encouraged to apply.
You will be
entitled to paid vacation annually in accordance with the Company's vacation policy,
which may be amended from time to time while adhering to Provincial labor laws.
The Company's current vacation benefits accrue as follows:
Completed Years of Service
Paid Vacation Days
1.25 days per
month (15 working days per year)
1.5 days per
month (18 working days per year)
May be entitled to standard benefit
plan depending on eligibility under requirements of the plan (Pacific Blue
Please forward resumes by responding to
this ad with subject line "Striven". Only those being considered will
be contacted for an interview.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science,
computer systems engineering, software engineering, business
administration or a related discipline
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- Experience as a computer programmer is usually
- Certification or training provided by software
vendors may be required by some employers.
Skills: Innovative, Social, Directive, Verbal & Written
- Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with
clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and
technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information
systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems
strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
- Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and
document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to
data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and
contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
- Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and
implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life
cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of
software products and information systems.
- Coaches and mentors other team members to achieve high quality
- Responsible for managing project test risks, issues and all
critical items impacting test schedule and quality.
- Coordinate the test resources (environment, data, tools) to
- Identifies and drives process, tooling and practice improvements
proactively within testing
- Ensuring appropriate test coverage through the development of the
coverage models (risk based testing, mind-maps or alternative methods)
- Drive “Shift Left” activities and behaviors within the testing team
- Ensuring appropriate collaboration within the Testing Team and
across groups to ensure our collective success
- Identify & escalate problems to the Project Manager, business
analysts and development teams as required. For example: scope changes,
tasks/milestone dates not being met
- Regular analysis of defect metrics and appropriate re-planning of
test effort when required
- With support of the Business Analyst, provide inputs to the
business team to enable effective UAT planning and delivery.
- Issue daily test status reporting towards leadership providing
summary metrics and updates for test progress and issues
technology (IT) consultant’s duties will include: