Early Childhood Educator
Location3550 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC| British Columbia
Hiring an Early Childhood Educator!
Academics preKindergarten, for children 10 months to 5 years old, is a multinational childcare centre with locations throughout Canada and the USA. We are looking for driven individuals to join our growing team in Vancouver!
We are looking for an experienced ECE Teacher for a Full-time position.
Position: Early Childhood Educator
Working Condition: $17.50/hour, 37.5 hours /week (Full-time, Permanent)
Vacation: 4% vacation fee
Available Position: 1
Benefits (After 3 month probation): Dental and Extended Health Plans
Why should you work for us?
• We value and support professional growth and development for all our employees
• We offer impressive extended health benefits
• We focus our efforts on a child centred environment
• We have an amazing support network for all our staff
• We believe in a work life balance
• At Academics you will be respected as a Teacher and an Educator
• Valid ECE License to Practice in British Columbia
• Valid First Aid Certificate
• Clear Criminal Records Check
• 3 Letters of Reference
• Minimum 2 year childcare experience in a licensed childcare facility
• Statement from a medical practitioner indicating adequate physical and psychological capability to work with children and carry out assigned duties.
• College Diploma related to child growth/development required
• Must share our passion in early learning
• Implementing planned and age appropriate educational activities
• Ensuring the health, safety and emotional wellbeing of the children
• Providing excellent supervision and interaction with children at all times
• Monitoring children during outdoor activities and interact with the children to enhance their learning
• Maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
• Communicating effectively with parents, and other staff.
• Observing and recording children's growth, behavior, and development, and discuss these with parents
• Promoting feelings of security and trust in children.
• Maintaining a positive, calm attitude and to parents and volunteers.
• Performing other related duties as required