Location195 Bridgeland Ave., Toronto, ON| Ontario
Shefa Meats is seeking an experienced individual for the Meat Cutter position. Shefa Meats is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence. We are a Canadian, family-owned, independent food wholesale that has grown and prospered since 2001.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, poultry, lamb, and veal using butcher's cutlery and powered equipment, such as electric grinder and band-saw, to portion and prepare meat in cooking form.
• Cut, trim, and bone carcass sections or prime cuts to reduce to cooking cuts, such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat.
• Cut beef or quarters of carcasses into primal/retail cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging
• Ensure that different part of cuts are separated for easy packing purposes
• Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat.
• Receive incoming shipments with meat products, inspect and store meat to ensure quality and good organization.
• Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
• Prepare and place meat cuts and products in the display counter.
• Sharpen and adjust cutting equipment
• Record quantity of meat received and/or keep records of meat sales.
• Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and other applicable food safety standards and regulations.
• Clean and sanitize the meat room, meat cooler, and supply area.
• Wash, apply cleaning agents, wipe, and mop all surfaces.
• Log sanitation procedures performed on the daily report. Comply with the health department regulations.
• Provide training and guidance to other team members if need be.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Excellent Knives, Saw and other power cutting tools experience
• High school diploma
• Some experience is an asset
• Able to work repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads
• Ability to work in a cold environment
• Ability to bending and standing for extended periods
• Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as a hard hat, steel toe boots, mesh safety equipment