Machine Shop Helper
Location202 6 St NW, Linden, AB| Alberta
Job Title: Machine Shop Helper
Position Summary: Reporting to the Shop Foreman with day-to-day supervision and delegation of work by the Shop Supervisor, participate in the efficient and effective operations of the Production Facility by working in the Assembly area.
This is a full time permanent position with a pay rate of $26.00/hour plus employee benefits, evening shift differential and may be required to work overtime depending on production requirements. Shift schedule: Morning Shift: 5 days a week from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm and Evening Shift: 4 days a week from 3:30 pm – 2:00 am.
Hawk Machine Works Ltd. located at 202 6 St NW, Linden, AB T0M 1J0
To apply for this job, please send your resume to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Mark completed parts.
• Phosphate-coat finished parts.
• Pre-grease parts and add seals and hardware.
• Assemble sleeve components using a variety of lifting devices (e.g., forklift, crane, jack).
• Maintain traceability logs on assembled components.
• Use bucking machine to torque sleeves to specification.
• Conduct hydro-testing I pressure testing.
• Grease parts.
• Load and stack pallets and crates with a forklift or jack.
• Repair sleeves coming back from Service.
• Perform daily maintenance checks on equipment.
• Appropriately, and in a timely manner complete administrative tasks including: timesheets, job sheets, etc.
• Follow all required Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures including WHMIS procedures and the wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses, steel toed boots).
• Adhere to quality procedures and work instructions, and actively participate in the quality improvement process.
• Relate to and communicate with co-workers and management sincerely, clearly, tactfully, promptly and courteously; respond to inquiries and complaints promptly and professionally.
• Perform tasks consistent with the position, as may be required on an ad hoc basis.
• Some work experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting would be an asset
• Forklift and overhead crane experience would be an asset
• Moderate computer skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to conform to quality standards
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Team player with high level of initiative and integrity
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Physical strength and stamina
Certificates and Licenses:
• Forklift would be an asset
• Primarily indoor industrial work setting with moderate noise levels
• Overtime may be required
• Must be able to perform repetitive lifting and bending
• Possess ability to sit and stand, including frequent walking, bending and twisting at the waist and knees, squatting or kneeling
• Routinely heavy lifting required