• Design and create learning programs to meet children’s physical, intellectual, social, cultural, creative and emotional needs.
• Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security, and well-being of children.
• Maintain and update the individual record of children handled taking note of the program’s positive and negative results.
• Develop listening, comprehensive skills using approved subjects in storytelling, role-playing, games, music and art activities.
• Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and washroom habits.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and community service providers working with children.
• Regularly communicate with parents and guardians regarding their children’s development needs and learning process.
License: British Columbia Early Childhood Educator License Required
Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Experience an asset
Ability to Supervise: 3 to 4people
Security and Safety: Criminal record check, Medical exam
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Punctuality, Excellent written communication, Values and ethics, Reliability, Dependability, Team player
Supervise staff, trainees or volunteers, Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records, Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties, Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children, Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours, Supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
Children’s Ages: Newborn (including expecting mother), Infant (3 months – 11 months), 1 year, 2 years, 3 years
Please do not call regarding the posted position. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com