How to Overcome Challenges in Jobs for New Immigrants in Canada
In a world that is rapidly changing finding a job that suits your skillset as well as is capable of providing for your luxurious lifestyle is a hard task. And, if you have to do it in a specific geographical space then the job becomes even tougher. Thanks to the globalization of markets that took place in the last few decades this is not the case. People now from all over the world can take jobs in different countries and earn successfully. But we know it is not as easy as it sounds. Being a new immigrant in itself is a challenge and then add to it the task of finding a new job and the task sounds almost impossible. We at newjobbers.com understand these issues and will offer some tips that might be helpful in finding jobs for new immigrants in Canada.
In order to get relevant information regarding jobs for new immigrants in Canada you can get help from various resources like immigrant-serving organizations that offer resume writing workshops or job search training centers, or you can ask for assistance from Job Bank which offers career and occupational information regarding working in Canada.
In order to look for jobs for new immigrants in Canada, one can register himself at Newcomers Job which is basically a portal where both the employers and newcomers actively post about the job requirements on a daily basis. We at newcomers hence help both employers and new immigrant job lookers in Canada by providing them a platform in order to communicate their needs.
Once you find a job that interests you, write a cover letter and resume that you think will ensure you a face to face interview.
Also in order to create a strong resume that you believe will catch the eye of an employer, if you are looking for jobs as a new immigrant in Canada, try working voluntarily for certain organizations. This will help you earn Canadian work experience as well as create a network that will be important when you are looking for a job.
It is natural to face challenges when you are trying to find a new job after immigration. With consistent efforts and the right help, there is nothing you cannot achieve.
Prepare for a successful video interview for getting jobs for new immigrants in Canada
In this digital world, as hiring becomes global and many employees work remotely, video interviews become very common. It is a quick way to conduct a first-round interview for hiring managers and recruiters. Here are some tips for a successful video interview for getting jobs for new immigrants in Canada.
• The practice of anything can make things perfect. It’s the first step to successfully go through the interview. Practice it before you conduct an interview so that you can aware of if there is any technical issue and solved it. And also you can build up your confidence level.
• Take thoroughly knowledge of how to use equipment if you have an interview at a company office or some new place. Ask any assistance for a quick overview of the equipment.
• If you are going to use your own laptop, do not forget to set up the camera and headset in advance.
• During practice, use the same video technology that you are going to use at the time of interview so you will not have any last-minute installation issues.
• Make sure that your camera should be at eye level and the sound devices work properly.
• Pay attention to the background and lighting. Select a plain wall as a background.
• On the day of the interview, dress up professionally as you are going to give a face to face interview.
How to prepare for hybrid Jobs for new immigrants in Canada
Nowadays, technologies are developing very fast, and in this era, job markets influenced by these technologies. Off based technologies like Big Data, the digital Things, and other technologies are pushing the world in a completely new direction, and the industries and the jobs they provide have to follow it. It does not only dominating the industries but also changes a way to apply for a job. For getting a good Jobs for new immigrants in Canada, some technology advancements have to boost different concerns.
• Business, leadership and Project Skills
If you have strong technical skills and also you are an engineer by profession, You might be aware of how to tackle a complicated project and how to manage it. You should also have the leadership quality through which you can manage the team and it can be seen as a great human skill for teamwork for the recruiter. These all can help you to give you high demand for the job you apply.
• Data communication
Learn to work digitally. Enroll the knowledge of making data online, try to make them easy for understanding, visualization and communication. These skills can succor you on a high level in the future.
• Digital tools and technologies
Determine the new system and gain your knowledge about how to use digital tools. Determine your strength and try to focus on it thoroughly. For example, if you are a marketing manager and if you have the knowledge of SQL, then it can be proved as a cherry on the cake for you in your future job.